- My best friend ______________ a lot of spare time every day because he doesn’t work.
- ______________ you ______________ a minute? I’d like to talk to you.
- I wonder where is Peter? He ______________ some work to do.
- Tomorrow morning I’ ll ______________ an appointment with my future boss.
- What about going to the cinema? - I ______________ enough money.
- When you were at school, ______________ the best friend?
- Call the police or we’ll ______________ problems!
- Next Monday I’ll ______________ an exam.
- I decided to ______________ a pet in my house because I’m very fond of them.
- Tomorrow we’ll ______________ a party. Will you join us?
- I am going on a business trip to London. - ______________ a ticket?
- ______________ some urgent business yesterday?
- He ______________ the desire to communicate with me. I don’t know why?
- She ______________ a large flat in the center of the city.
- I am really very tired after this working week. I need to ______________ a rest.
4. Translate the following words and phrases:
1. ______________ (стоматология) in Russia has developed over three centuries ago during the time of Peter I.
2. At special dental departments the students study principal actual problems of dentistry: ______________ (кариес, пародонтит) diseases of the mucous membrane in the mouth ______________ (полости).
3. To know the treatment of ______________ (болезней зубов и десен) and their prevention, we spend much time at the Academy.
4. Like many other students I take part in the work of the student scientific society, where we ______________ (выполняем) research work on actual problems in different ______________ (наук).
5. Ancient Greek scholars Hippocrates and Aristotle wrote about dentistry, including the eruption pattern of teeth, treating ______________ (разрушенный) teeth and gum disease, ______________ (удаление) teeth with ______________ (щипцы), and using wires to stabilize ______________ (шатающийся зуб) and fractured ______________ (челюсть).
6. Dentists can carry out the majority of dental treatments such as restorative ______________, ______________, ______________ (пломбы, коронки, мосты), prosthetic (dentures), endodontic (root canal) therapy, periodontal (gum) therapy, and extraction of teeth, as well as performing examinations, ______________ (рентгеновский снимок) and diagnosis.
7. Dentists also encourage ______________ (предупреждение) of oral diseases through proper hygiene and regular, twice yearly, ______________ (проверка) for professional cleaning and evaluation.
Lead – in
Exercise 1:Identify the parts of the body shown in the pictures and name the organ systems they belong to. Describe the functions of these systems.